Sunday, September 10, 2006

Split Pea Soup

Posting this in this ugly color because today, I made some great split pea (with ham) soup :) boiled the ham bone .. added carrots onion and bacon fat (fried onion and carrots in bacon fat...) a bay leaf and the soaked peas.. yum :) split pea soup may look like something nasty but damn it tastes good when it's homemade.

The bacon fat came from some thick cut bacon that I ate while watching the soup cook, and stirring. I was going to put the bacon IN the soup but I got hungry while doing the cooking so I ate the bacon pieces .. oops :)

I might be one of the few guys I know who likes to cook :) Baked the ham last week and had ham/cheese omlettes a couple times this week. I cook lots of stuff including homemade spaghetti sauce from roasting tomatoes myself.



-------
My Website

No comments: