Thursday, September 21, 2006

Late summer fishing rocks

Today again I headed out to the river to see what was biting. I don't bring the camera with so much when I go in the late summer/fall as much as the other times, because I do more walking in fall fishing than summer. Today I caught 5, I think, smallmouth Bass in an hour and half. The wind really started kicking up at around 5 pm so I headed home instead of trying to cast into it.

Fishing the St. Louis River is always good, but the river is generally catch & release because of mercury levels from pollution and factories over the years. They say you can eat them now and then but I really haven't. Besides, I never fish for walleye, and if I catch one it's purely by accident.

The high school football game is a road game(in Hermantown), and the forecast says it's going to be raining so I think I'll skip going to watch the game this week. Cold and wet isn't a very fun feeling, when you don't want to be.


Testing white font, I didn't look at the template to see what color it was beforehand. The blog looks readable enough but I was just curious.

No comments: