Saturday, November 04, 2006

Wally Dupuis for Carlton County Sheriff

The News Tribune on November 2nd profiled the 2 candidates for Carlton County Sheriff. Below is the Wally Dupuis information.

Dupuis, 48, is director of law enforcement on the Fond du Lac Indian Reservation. He has 19 years in law enforcement, including eight years as a patrol officer and detective with Cloquet police, as well as experience with the Scanlon police and as a conservation officer.

“My experience is with the community of Fond du Lac and understanding the diversity of these people out here,” Dupuis said. He added that one of his strengths is the ability to relate to common folks.

“I worked in a factory for 10 years; I was a construction worker. I think that’s important stuff,” he said. “I worked the trenches. I dug the ditches. I know what that part of life is about, also.”

“I should be the sheriff because I can and do work with communities well,” Dupuis said. “I have experience within these communities and larger communities, and that includes Carlton County.”


Obviously I know the guy, and yes, am voting for Wally Dupuis for sherriff on Tuesday.

No comments: