Sunday, October 29, 2006

MMMMM Meatloaf

Today I'm cooking a large meatloaf :) 3 lbs of hamburger, with shredded onion & carrot, 1 slice of breadcrumbs 1 beaten egg, and some ketchup (HEINZ ONLY) in the meat and mixed by hand.

My preference for meatloaf SAUCE is a sweet sauce. I mix brown sugar and pineapple juice and ketchup together and microwave it for 45 seconds to dissolve the brown sugar completely and it's damn good. The sauce doesn't go on until the last 15 minutes though, because of the sugar and ketchup, you don't want it to burn.

I cook the whole thing at 350 degrees for around 45-50 minutes before adding the sauce to the top for 10 to 15 minutes. I don't mess around with meat thermometers normally because the temperature 350 for 45 minutes or so usually is perfect. With the meatloaf will either be baked potatoes sometimes, or like today, mashed potatoes, and ALWAYS corn with meatloaf :) YUM

No comments: