Monday, November 06, 2006

EA Sports NHL 07 SUCKS

This game started our being fun as per my blog entry that it was fun. Well, playing at MEDIUM skill level it started to become boring when I'd win games 20-10. Hockey games are *NOT* won 20-10 in real life. I tried the game on difficult and won a couple.. but now.. it's fucking PATHETIC. Every body check (even with penalties turned down) or if I take a shot and try to hit the rebound results in a penalty.

The computer teams now just ice the puck and no matter what team I play as.. skate their forwards down and beat out the icing and take control. The game doesn't even let you kill off 50% of penalties.. I just played and lost 15-10 and gave up 6 powerplay goals on 7 attempts. Not to mention going ON the powerplay myself, when they ice the puck their players are able to go GET the puck and score short handed. The goaltenders are terrible on this game as well. I used to really like the EA sports NHL franchises but after playing 18 games of this "season" it's starting to seem stupid.

You used to be able to bat rebounds into the net but now.. your damn player dives to the ice and swings his stick around.... the deek moves are terrible as well. Like the other years, you can occassionaly score from your own blue line or farther back as well. I also did some checking during game play, and the PENALTY clock moves 1 second SLOWER than the game clock. I gave up a powerplay goal 2 minutes 43 seconds AFTER a 2 minute penalty should have expired, thanks to being able to look at the game summary and sort between goals and penalties.

I guess I'll have to go back to MEDIUM skill level and win all the games easy, because difficult is impossible when the computer players skate 3 x's faster than yours.

No comments: