Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Jamie's Great Italian Escape

Jamie Oliver, host from some Food Network shows, and the British cooking star from "Channel 4" in England, has a great show on the Travel Channel, called Jamie's Great Italian Escape. He's traveling the "underbelly" of Italy learning to cook his favorite food from the start. 4 episodes were on tonight, and there are 6 total episodes in this series. The episodes aired originally in england back in October '05.

Jamie's WEBSITE profiles the show perfectly...

After the school dinners project I needed a break. I've always loved Italy and for ages have wanted to travel around the country to get inspired again by the food and the people. So I set off with my VW camper van and a specially-built trailer kitchen on the back of it so I could cook wherever I pitched up!

I had a great time exploring the delights of the busy night markets in Palermo, entering pasta making competitions with the mammas in the small mountain community in Le Marche and injecting some enthusiasm into cooking for the Benedictine community North of Rome.

No comments: